We plan to keep you moving!
About the TIP
As part of the MPO's urban transportation planning process, the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) addresses federal regulations administered by the United States Department of Transportation. The TIP is a four-year financially constrained list of transportation projects that approved for federal and state funding by the MPO Transportation Policy Board. The TIP is updated every two years and amended quarterly. The current TIP covers FY 2019 to FY 2022 and includes roadway, transit, bicycle, pedestrian and rideshare projects that will be let to contract over the next four years. The FY 2019-2022 TIP was adopted by the Transportation Policy Board (TPB) on April 22, 2019. On May 18, 2020, the TPB adopted the FY 2021-2024 TIP, which is now under review for transportation conformity by State and Federal partners.
- Roadway TIP List (Updated: April 27, 2020) NEW
- Transit TIP List (Updated: October 28, 2019)
- Transit Project Detail (Updated: April 22, 2019)
- Appendix D (Updated: February 21, 2020)
- Regionally Significant Roadway Project List - PDF | Excel (Effective: August 24, 2020)
2019 - 2022 TIP (Current)
2019 - 2022 TIP
Approved by the Transportation Policy Board on April 22, 2019
As part of the urban transportation planning process, the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) addresses federal regulations administered by the United States Department of Transportation. It is required, as a condition of the receipt of federal capital or operating assistance, to maintain the transportation system covered by the continuing, cooperative and comprehensive transportation planning process. Essentially, the TIP is developed to ensure that implementation of the transportation plan is done in an orderly manner. The TIP outlines a financially constrained program of federally assisted transportation projects that will be implemented over a four-year period. Projects not included in the approved TIP are ineligible to receive federal transportation assistance. The TIP consists of projects that are to be executed over the next four fiscal years. Priorities are demonstrated by grouping projects into the one to four year time frame. Also included in this document are realistic estimates of project costs for the program period.
Past TIP Documents
- 2017 - 2020 TIP - Approved by the Transportation Policy Board on April 25, 2016
- 2017 - 2020 TIP Document (.pdf)
- 2015 - 2018 TIP - Approved by the Transportation Policy Board on April 28, 2014
- 2015 - 2018 TIP Document (.pdf)
- 2013 - 2016 TIP - Approved by the Transportation Policy Board on April 23, 2012
- 2011 - 2014 TIP - Approved by the Transportation Policy Board on May 17, 2010
- 2008 - 2011 TIP - Approved by the Transportation Policy Board on April 23, 2007
- 2008 - 2011 TIP Document (.pdf)
Lists of Projects Contracted for Construction
Past Projects Contracted for Construction
Click the dropdown below for lists of previous and current transportation projects that contracted for construction per fiscal year. Keep checking back for updates.