The Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Program (CMAQ) is a reimbursable federal funding program focused on reducing congestion and improving air quality to help meet the requirements of the Clean Air Act. CMAQ is administered by the Alamo Area MPO through a competitive selection process and is authorized under the FAST Act (23 U.S.C. 149).
- Required CMAQ Pre-Submittal Workshop
Thursday, February 21, 2019
9:30 AM or 1:30 PM
TxDOT, Building 2 Hearing Room
4615 NW Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78229
No project submittals will be accepted before Friday, March 22, 2019.
Emission Calculation Guidelines
To calculate the emissions reductions of submitted projects, implementing agencies will use the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) CMAQ Emissions Calculator Toolkit unless stated otherwise.
- Transit Bus and Fleet Expansion
- Transit Bus Retrofits and Replacement
- Carpooling and Vanpooling
- Alternative Fuels and Vehicles
- Advanced Diesel Truck/Engine Technologies
- Congestion Reduction and Traffic Flow Improvements
- Idle Reduction (coming soon!)
- Bike and Pedestrian (coming soon!)
If emissions reductions for the submitted project or program cannot be calculated using one of the above tools, the submitting agency must estimate emissions reductions using their own methodology. During the project scoring process, a multiagency workgroup will review the assumptions made by all submitting agencies to calculate emissions reductions.
Disclaimer: It is the responsibility of all submitting agencies to check this page for any updates to the CMAQ project submittal process.